SAY YES TO SUN PROTECTION - SAY NO TO SKIN CANCER
SKIN CANCER IS THE MOST COMMON CANCER IN THE U.S.
ONE in FIVE Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime, and one person dies from melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer, every hour.
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM UV RAYS:
- SEEK SHADE
- WEAR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING
- GENEROUSY APPLY SUNSCREEN
IMPORTANT SUNSCREEN TIPS:
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF SUNSCREEN:
- SPF 30 or higher
- Re-applied every TWO HOURS, or after swimming or sweating.
Physical Sunscreen - Best for sensitive skin:
- Works like a shield
- Stays on the surface of your skin, deflecting the sun’s rays.
- Active Ingredients ZINC OXIDE and/or TITANIUM DIOXIDE
- Works like a sponge
- Absorbs the sun’s rays and tends to be EASIER TO RUB IN without white residue.
- Active Ingredients: OXYBENZONE, AVOBENZONE, OCTISALATE, OCTOCRYLENE, HOMOSALATE and OCTINOXATE.