We understand that a visit to the doctor can be stressful for both patients and their parents. We do our best to see patients at the time for which their appointment is scheduled, but we cannot completely control waiting room time. If you are in an examining room for what you believe is an excessive period of time, please notify a nurse or another employee; we will work to address the issue. Please remember that sometimes there are emergencies over which we have no control, and we are always doing our best to stay on time.
You are your child’s most important caregiver, and we look forward to working with you to make sure your child stays healthy and happy. It is beneficial to all involved if parents can assist us in examining their children; ideally, the provider and the parents act as a team towards ensuring the child’s overall health. Parental passivity or impatience do not enhance the experience and can convey a lack of support to your child during what can be a difficult time.
Chaperone & Confidentiality
Pediatric Associates (PAGS) requires that patients be immunized. Based on recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the American Committee for Immunization Practice, we have decided to set specific time requirements for certain immunizations. These times are based on age-related risks to infants and children.
We have an obligation to provide the best medical care possible; our vaccine schedule is consistent with that goal. Our vaccine choices are not arbitrary; they protect children from life-threatening illnesses such as whooping cough, haemophilus influenzae, meningitis, and pneumococcal meningitis, as well as diseases like rubella, which have disabled children for life. Families who choose not to follow our vaccine policy should seek pediatric care elsewhere with a provider or practice who may be better aligned with their decision to not vaccinate.
Prescription refill requests can be called in to our office at (978) 745-3050 between 8:00AM and 4:00PM, Monday through Friday. Please call 3 to 5 business days in advance of needing your prescription refilled. Prescriptions are electronically sent for pick-up at your designated pharmacy; requests made after 4:00PM are received the following business day.
For patients refilling prescriptions for Adderall, Concerta, Daytrana, Dexedrine, Focalin, Metadate, Methylin, Ritalin and Vyvanse:
- We are able to electronically prescribe these medications and send them to your pharmacy.
- Please make sure you bring a photo I.D. with you to pick up the prescription.
- Missing an Adderall, Concerta, Daytrana, Dexedrine, Focalin, Metadate, Methylin, Ritalin, or Vyvanse dose does not constitute a medical emergency. These medications do not build up in the system and no harm will come to the patient other than the distress of being less attentive and/or self-controlled.
- Please note that the on-call and weekend providers will not refill these prescriptions.
- We require medication rechecks at least every 6 months for controlled substances and mental health medications for behavior, anxiety, depression, ect.
Please remember that refills can only be given to patients who have been seen within the past year. If your child has not been seen for more than a year, you will need to schedule an appointment.